Encompass is the integrated business solution which helps in providing improved productivity and growth. Encompass is the preconfigured ERP package offered by Godrej InfoTech Ltd. (GITL ) at a cheap price and features of the software suit the requirements of the mid-sized and small industries mostly found in small cities of India.
Encompass provides an out-of-box solution which is an in-house ERP system of GITL customized, specifically, for Indian markets. It comes with a Microsoft Small Business Suit, Quick start implementation and a Dell server, which enables the organization to install ERP in less than two months time period.
Some of the features of Godrej eNcompass ERP solution is
1. It helps in managing processes from Enquiry to Order Cash, and it also reduces the cycle time and improves the organization's competitiveness.
2. The common modules found in the package are planning, manufacturing, warehouse management, sales, accounts, service, sales, production, costing, quality, HR and purchase etc.
3. It is user friendly interface which provides multi level security.
4. It is easy to administer and is highly scalable.
5. It can provide role based access and menu is also generated on runtime based on the defined roles.
6. Indian taxation system is integrated to the software.
7. The software supports business partners, HR management, drill down features for many modules such as a financial, distributions etc. are provided. Group consolidation is provided by the solution which is includes features of HR multi logistic and multi finance.
8. The software is integrated to Supply Chain Software and the queries can be exported to Microsoft Excel.
9. Through a single window one can access all the modules and the users can store images in the item master module.
10. Explosion and implosion of Bill of Material, tools tracking, document management, fixed asset management, revision control is also provided by the solution. Option for location control and Lot control enables easy inventory management.
11. The purchase module has separate domestic and import features, and the data in the purchase module is integrated to raw material, which is further integrated to manufacturing which is divided in Subcon, Jobwork and In-house modules. Last features are the sales and service version, which includes the domestic and import sections, and the modules are connected to finished goods.
12. The quality modules are connected to inventory and warehousing which is further linked to the financial section which include A/C Payable, General Ledger, Balance Sheet, P & L account, A/C Receivable, Cash management, Taxation, Product costing and Fixed assets.
13. The HR Management module takes data from the attendance module which is linked to e-pay- payroll solution.
It provides automation of production and manufacturing processes, and taxation as per Indian standards, therefore, it suits the requirements of Indian small range and mid markets.
The software is specifically designed for Indian companies; therefore, it may not meet the requirements of companies outside India. Many latest technologies are not equipped to the software.