Many organizations are not comfortable with certain automated ERP processes and these organizations are not ready to change processes to meet the needs, therefore, SAP introduced mySAP which can integrate to prevalent system and provide easy cost effective ERP implementation.
SAP was originally founded by the employees of IBM who were trying to develop a real time business data system. SAP stands for Software Application and Products for data processing, and it uses the functionalities of various modules to automate office procedures. SAP ERP is one of the most reliable ERP systems which include financials, logistics and Human Resource Management System.
SAP originally launched the version called SAP R/3 which constitutes the version called SAP Basis and it was launched on SAP Web Application Server, and the first edition of mySAP was launched in 2003.
SAP's ERP Solution consists of wide range of modules such as sales and marketing, product design, production, inventory, human resource, finance, accounting and project management. Let's look at the major features of this business application in mySAP ERP review.
Some of the Features of mySAP
1. mySAP can be integrated to various operating systems; platforms and applications. Therefore one can continue using the software products even after the implementation of ERP.
2. SAP speeds up business processes, reduces inventory, improves customer satisfaction level and helps in increasing profitability.
3. mySAP allows business managers to analyze business areas and get customized Strategic Enterprise Management Solution which helps in managing the financials, workforce and operations. It helps the manager to get fast and reliable decisions.
4. mySAP provides specific modules for Corporate Governance, Employee Relationship Management, Environment Heath and Safety and Financial Supply Chain Management.
5. Strategic Enterprise Management (SEM) tools assist the businesses to determine high level strategies to take decisions, to change policies and to succeed in competition. It improves the efficiency as the workflow and communication is automated.
6. Financial Analytics helps in designing reports of operational areas, financial data and statistical analysis. The organizations can see analysis of expenses, cash outflow, vendor relationships, discounts, term of payments etc.
7. Operational analytics provides in depth analysis of key operational areas.
8. The entire workforce related information and analysis can be collected from the modules, and it provides improved visibility in decision making processes and increase accountability.
9. mySAP helps in global integration as it can provide multi currency, multi units, multi location and multi company solution to small and large organizations.
10. A number of complex functionalities are provided with ease through mySAP ERP.
11. SAP is a reliable vendor and it has got the expertise to provide effective automation service.
Some of the disadvantages of SAP are
1. SAP is not best suited to small companies and many of the client's feel the maintenance cost of SAP is high.
2. SAP's implementation requires involvement of a huge resource and time.
3. Shifting from mySAP to other vendor can be very expensive. Its implementation can get very expensive in certain cases and therefore, the return on investment can be gained after long time period.
This mySAP ERP review has covered all the major features, advantages and disadvantages of using this software.