Solution manager works to manage the business applications. It is a tool which works as a content gateway that helps in creating and managing business management solutions. It helps in improving the management of various SAP solutions by providing a centralized system of management. The solution manager is a ValueSAP which helps in implementation and management of solution across complex landscapes and locations. It allows global solutions which can be implemented across geographical locations, using various tools and methodologies. The system allows the customer to use, implement, operate, support and monitor the SAP and non-SAP solutions.
SAP Solution Manager combines the technical and business aspects of a solution to improve focus on core business functionalities of an organization. Its features help in connecting the business processes to IT infrastructure and it enables communication of IT department to business type. It allows the organization to get maximum benefit from IT investment. The customer can use additional functions of SAP without any extra price.
The system automates the functioning of central system administration, project management, monitoring, test management, root cause analysis, installation keys, service desk, centralized alert management etc. It helps in improving the functioning of many areas to provide the customer with efficient and fast means of handling business and technical processes.
1. Implementation and providing upgrades - The SAP solution manager not only accelerates implementation but it also helps in project administration and providing central control which enables cross component implementation. It can provide easy implementation of upgrades.
2. Change control management - The system controls software configuration, allows approval for Requests for Change and deployment of change.
3. Testing - The solution speeds up testing process by providing a single point of access to the whole system, which allows the system to store the test results at one centralized location.
4. Service Desk - The service desk of the system allows the user to take efficient decision and to ease the process of settlements. Centralized handling of processes allows the organization to run more efficiently.
5. Problem identification and resolution - The system allows resolution of problems caused by heterogeneous environment, and to resolve the problem, it blocks the functioning of the system that causes error. It also helps in recording the single user and multi user issues, and identifying changes.
6. Monitoring - It helps in easy monitoring of the system, interfaces, and processes or to reduce efforts on administration. It identifies intersystem dependencies and helps to monitor the critical situations.
7. Management and reporting - The solution provides easy interface to define various levels of management which enables reporting. The reporting system can cover the need of systems located in different landscapes and also provide a consolidated report which can enable the management to take decisions.
8. SAP Support service - The solution enables the system to reduce technical risk, management optimization and empowerment.
9. Administration work centre - It offers a central work centre which can provide unified access to all the processes and triggers from a central place.