SAP xApps provides cross-functional solution which can allow SAP system to work in heterogonous environment. xApps is a term used for application which are built as per xApps standards and that can run in SAP Netweaver. It is general term used for applications that are based on ESOA which means Enterprise SOA service. The solution can combine the features of web services and data of many different systems. The application is defined under SAP Composite Application
Framework and the framework uses tools, methods and environment to develop applications.
SAP xMII is basically SAP xApp Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence, and it allows one to integrate the plant and enterprise systems to display the data to the employees. It can be used to view and compare the performance of various assets and plants. It enables the system to reduce expense on synchronization using plant system connectors, business logic services and integration scenario.
The solution provides an object model which allows the developer to design composite applications using rich user interface. The solution works on open mySAP technology and it provides a technology solution which can help in executing corporate strategies with ease. The system runs on open technology platform and helps in aligning the heterogeneous systems, information and processes.
Here are some of the major SAP xApps benefits -
1. SAP xApps provides a strong role based application which is secure and it meets the needs of an organization to be innovative and to define strategies to meet business pressure. The application can meet the issues on user front, data front and processes.
2. The system enables easy and fast decision making, and provides role based system to ensure security.
3. The system provides data warehousing, business intelligence, business management and it provides business critical analysis across various functionalities of the solution.
4. The SAP EI and BPM solution enables the software to be processed across different environments using a hub and spoke architecture, and the integration between various solutions can be achieved at a low cost.
Here are some of the major SAP xApps features -
1. The solution provides features for business improvement, innovation and it has unique capabilities to get the mix of business critical functionalities. xApps can provide cross functional, collaborative, content driven and composite functionalities, which enables improvements and innovation in business cycles.
2. Cross functionality refers to application which can run across multi-applications and information sources. It helps in driving end-to-end processes across various systems.
3. Composite functionality helps the solution to execute complex flexible workflow and to add new components. It helps in synchronizing with business processes and providing fast ROI.
4. SAP xApps provides collaboration functionality which provides communication to empower team members and to help the team to make intelligent decisions.
5. The solution provides scope for fast processes which are run by business intelligence and it also allows the system to access and execute processes.
6. SAP xApps allows the organization to reduce time period for formulating or running corporate strategies. It helps to identify the opportunities inside the enterprise and outside the enterprise. It enables the enterprise to adapt to new business processes and to improve efficiency by reforming various business units.